Real Benefits Advice

Get support to apply for benefits or appeal against decisions.

We’ll help you understand the financial support you can get from the government or the local council.

As well as financial support for disabled people, we can tell you about other support you might get if you are also:

  • unemployed or not earning very much money
  • bringing up children or
  • caring for an older or disabled person.

Once we know what support you might be able to get, we can help you work out how much money you should get and help you fill in the forms to apply.

If the government or the council decides not to give you any money, we can help you find out why. If you think the decision is unfair, we can also help you to try and get the decision changed.

If you already get financial support, we can also help you:

  • check to make sure it’s the right amount

  • find out if there are any others you can claim

  • complain if your benefit is cut unfairly

  • understand the process if you have to be re-tested

We can also put you in touch with other organisations that can help.

This service is free.

Who we can support

We can support anyone living, working or studying in Tower Hamlets who is disabled or who has a long-term health condition.

This service is only available in English.

How to book an appointment

Get in touch with Real Answers to make an appointment.

Real Answers
Phone: 020 7001 2177

You can also send us a message using our online form.

Getting more information

You can get more information about benefits and tax credits on the DirectGov website.