Going out: what you/your PAs/carers can do

Click here for the latest government advice on what you or your PAs/carers are allowed to outside the home. There are significant restrictions with fines for those who don’t comply. In summary, you should only leave the house for very limited purposes:

  • shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
  • one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household.
  • any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
  • travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.

These reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.

If you are in the “at risk” group you should consider asking someone else to do your outside tasks for you. You really should get someone else to do it if you are being shielded (extremely vulnerable).

If someone is doing something on your behalf you should consider giving them some kind of letter or other evidence to say that they work or care for you.

Skip to toolbar